Friday, May 4, 2012


Ingat! Last day at the MTC
April 23, 2012
My companions and I decided that we better check ours emails before we leave the MTC today. We are finalizing all of our packing, and doing some last minute laundry!

I'm in this really weird place right now. For the last few days I've known that it was my last few days here, but it still doesn't seem real. I mean, I'm packing my stuff, and I'm saying goodbyes and stuff, but the fact that I'm going TO THE PHILIPPINES TO BE A MISSIONARY RIGHT NOW still hasn't set it. I bet it will when I get off the plane and I don't understand anybody. Oh, and when I can't breathe because of the humidity and heat. That'll be the BEST.

So remember how I was sick? Well, right around the time I started feeling better, I started feeling sick again. Similar but different symptoms. Now it's manifested in headache form. HINDI MABUTI. NO GOOD. I will definitely have pain killers on the plane with me for now, and when I arrive (climate change is due to make me unwell). I'm hopeful and excited. The last few days have been pretty good.

The In-Field Orientation consisted of a bunch of workshops and group meetings teaching us how to be missionaries, and how to use the planner, and stuff. A lot of it was really good. Then last night before the regular Sunday Fireside we had a farewell Fireside that was incredibly sweet. Some words of advice. Spiritual thoughts. Some good old "God Be With You Til We Meet Again." They called out the different places people were going and we stood up. A giant group of 73 missionaries were heading to Japan. I made friends with a bunch of them. They were in our workout group.

During Relief Society (the ladies' church meeting) Sister Ann Dibb came to speak with us. For those of you who don't know, Ann Dibb is not only in a leadership position over the youth of the church, but she is also the daughter of our beloved prophet and church president, Thomas S. Monson. She gave her own little message, but then she spent probably half of her time giving direct advice from her father. The day before, she'd gone on a drive with her parents, and she said, "Tomorrow I'm going to the MTC to speak specifically to the Sisters there. Have anything you wish for me to tell them for you?" She took avid notes as he gave some wonderful notes of advice about being loving, and being careful about which spirit you're listening to. The last thing he said was, "Let them know, I love them." We were all in tears as she wrapped up, it was all so precious. Then the closing song was "I Feel My Savior's Love" which got me crying even more. Most of us couldn't even sing along. I loved it.

Mahal kita! I love you all so much. Thank you for all the support you've sent my way so far. Continue to send DearElders while I'm in the Philippines. They are free, and they will be mailed to me with no charge to you! It won't be same-day delivery, but it'll still be good. International stamps in America cost $1.05? You can check on whether or not that is sufficient to get a letter to the Philippines. I don't know when my P-days will be, but I'll be sure to let you know!

Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment